Kidneys are the two bean-shaped vital organs of our body that perform several important functions to keep us healthy.
FUNCTIONS OF KIDNEY:
The main function of our kidney is to production of urine. With this urine production kidney performs the following important functions for our body:
• Remove wastes, toxic substances, metabolic end products and drugs from our body.
• Produce hormones- Erythropoietin for Red blood cell production.
• Maintain electrolytes balance.
• Maintain water balance.
• Maintain blood osmolarity.
• Maintain Acid-Base balance.
• Help to control blood pressure by releasing Renin enzyme.
• Activate vitamin D which is essential for bone formation and calcium absorption.
CAUSES OF KIDNEY DAMAGE:
If you damage your kidney by your daily habits, you will develop chronic kidney disease and as a sequence you will develop kidney failure. Your daily habits that damage your kidneys are:
• Less water drinking.
• Delay in emptying of bladder.
• Taking extra salt with diet.
• Eating too much red meat.
• Eating more oily foods.
• Eating less vegetable.
• Chain smoking.
• Alcohol abuse.
• Painkiller abuse.
• Prolong use of Insulin.
• Keep Urinary tract infections untreated.
• Keep vaginal infections untreated.
• Repeated attack of Sexually transmitted diseases like gonococcal urethritis.
Change your daily habit to protect your kidney and ensure your good health.
FOODS THAT PROTECT YOUR KIDNEY:
Renal diet will keep your kidneys healthy and active.
HOW TO PROTECT YOUR KIDNEYS:
Your consciousness and changing habit will keep your kidney safe and protected.
• Drink plenty of water.
• Stop smoking.
• Give up alcohol.
• Eat more green and leafy vegetables.
• Avoid carbonated drinks.
• Treat any urinary problems as quickly as possible.
• Avoid painkillers.
• Take rest regularly.
• Perform regular exercise.
• Perform safe sexual intercourse. Avoid coitus with a person infected with STD’s.
• Drink coriander juice everyday to keep your kidney healthy and clean.
• Avoid red meat, oily food and smoked food.